- 1. Purpose of the Committee:
- The main purpose of the library
committee includes the power to appoint the library personnel,
acquisition of books and journals, raising funds etc. In collaboration
with the librarian the committee is committed to smooth functioning of
- 2. Membership of Committee:
DR. ABDUL WAHEED BHUTTO
- Pro- Vice Chancellor /Convener
- MR. IRFAN
- Librarian/ Secretary
- 3. Tenure of Committee Members:
- For permanent committee:
The convener and the committee members
are nominated with the approval of Competent Authority for indefinite period.
In case of members leaving the committee for any reason, new member/members
would be inducted by the convener with the approval of the competent authority
- 4. Functions of the Committee (Responsibilities &
- a. Library building: This committee should ensure that a library building is
properly decorated, structured, and functional, situated centrally and
have necessary arrangement for efficient management.
- b. Library furniture and fittings: Library committee also ensures adequate, standard and
comfortable environment without any dislocation or damage of
- c. Library staff: Library committee recommends needed number of staff,
their salary scale, promotions and other regulations related to staff
development. They determine certain principles and formulas that will
encourage the intellectual and capable person to enter into the
- d. Library finance and book
collection: The library committee
recommends enough funds for purchasing books and making the collection
rich and suitable for the users to be served.
- e. Library rules: Efforts are made by the library committee to frame a
set of library rules to suit the needs of the readers.
- f. Library accounts and audit: Proper mechanism is formed by the library committee to
check the library accounts.
- g. Library acts and rules: A library committee should keep library acts and rules
up-to-date conducive for available resources and user needs.
- h. Standard library service: A library committee should put in its best efforts to
secure full coverage and standard library service by opening new branches
and by providing more books and staff numbers.
- i. Library policies: It should lay down a policy for the guidance of the
librarian for general day-to-day administration of the library.
- j. Monitor and run day to day matters of libraries of
various campus and departments at DUET.
- k. The reference books, curriculum books and titles,
journals procurement in various departments of the university including DUET
Central Library are done in consultation and approval of Vice Chancellor.
- l. The book donations and grants by donor agencies are
managed by this committee.
- m. The management of digital library and related digital
portal supervision is also responsibility of the committee.
- n. To arrange yearly book fair for internal and external
students and education related community at large.
- The committee is authorized to:
- i. Deal with the staff issues of
various libraries under DUET banner.
- ii. Rescind or cease the book
vendor / supplier if not working professionally according to the approved
rules and regulation of University.